Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yoga


I'd joined some Yoga classes at Christofe Yoga with my bestie since last month because I found that I had grown more and more horizontal after the CNY and my immune system is like getting poorer. The BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) and Skinfold measurements which had been made in the last Nutrition and Metabolism lab session in the previous semester had totally freak me out! It's so embarrassed man, I mean the readings of the tests. That's the main reason I decided to join the yoga class. 

First yoga class was killing because we joined an intermediate class due to some reasons. And now, this is the second month I involve myself in yoga classes and I can obviously feel the changes in my body. I can't even bend my legs before I join the classes but now I'm able to do so. Yoga is known to increase flexibility because it consists of postures that involve movements of different joints of the body, including those joints that are not acted upon with regular exercise routines. Besides that, yoga also massages all organs of the body. Yoga is perhaps the only exercise that can work on your internal organs in a thorough manner. This can keeps away disease and providing a forewarning at the first possible instance of a likely onset of disease or disorder.

I sweat fiercely like a pouring bucket every time I do yoga and it helps to detoxify the body. It ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from body as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing. It is also an excellent way to tone your muscles. Muscles which are weak are stimulated repeatedly to shed excess fats and flaccidity. 

So far I didn't found anything not good about yoga, except bruises on my knees and elbows due to some  postures which require us to knee down on the mat. But I believe things will get better as time goes by. I still need more practices to look extremely FIT like one of my yoga teacher Cindy :)

Psss..this is the posture which I hate the most, downward facing :S

No comments:

Post a Comment